Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Book Review #297 - Joyous & Moonbeam by Richard Yaxley




Two of the most unlikely people meet in the most unlikely place. Joyous calls her Moonbeam. When you're fifteen life can make you angry; and families can get seriously messed up. But Joyous has the knack of working things around a little. He is about to teach Moonbeam what family is really all about and it will transform her in every possible way.
My Rating: 2.5/5
I received this book for review from Omnibus Books for Scholastic Australia.
I knew from the outset that this book was about a protagonist that was intellectually disabled because it was likened to The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time.
I found this book really confusing, simply because there was not enough information to understand what was happening.
The whole story is eventually revealed at the end, which gives sense to the whole story but I was not invested in the story at all up until that stage. 
Anyone who is interested in this type of book I highly recommend reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time over this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment