Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Book Review #308 - Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2) by Richelle Mead



Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)






Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose... 



It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians—including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn’t bad enough, Rose’s tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason’s got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa’s head while she’s making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy’s not taking any risks... This year, St. Vlad’s annual holiday ski trip is mandatory. 




But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price...
 
 
 

My Rating: 5/5

 
 
This is the second time I have read this book, and according to Goodreads I first read it nearly 5 years ago. I was surprised by how much of it I still remembered. 



This book is definitely better than the first. The characters have all developed considerably including the secondary ones. Rose definitely matured a lot throughout this book. 


I forgot how much I liked Mason, although I didn't like how vulnerable he was made out to be. 
 
 

I liked how Rose's mother makes an appearance as it gave insight into Rose's back story, and also added a family dynamic to the story. 

 
 
Christian was not as annoying in this book as I remember him being, and I am liking his relationship with Lissa. 

 
I also thought that Rose and Dimitri's relationship strengthened even though they didn't really have that much interaction until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment