Thursday, February 14, 2019

Book Review #793 - Boy:Tales of Childhood (Roald Dahl's Autobiography #1) by Roald Dahl

118178




From the evocation of an enchanted boyhood spent in Wales and Norway to his unhappy experiences at an English public school, these sparkling memoirs are filled with wit, high spirits and more than a touch of the macabre.


My Rating: 5/5


Roald Dahl states that this book is not an autobiography instead it is a collection of tales from his childhood.

First of all as an amateur genealogist, I loved the inclusion og the postcards he wrote to his mother over the years and how awesome his mother was for keeping them. I wish something like that existed in my family.

All the tales were so well written and I loved that there were many occasions where you could see where the inspiration for some of the books he would later write came from. The most obvious of these being Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Matilda.

No comments:

Post a Comment