Thursday, February 21, 2019

Book Review #795 - Wonderful Tonight by Pattie Boyd

764063





Boyd breaks a 40-year silence as she tells the story of how she found herself bound to two of the most addictive, promiscuous musical geniuses of the 20th century and became the most famous muse in the history of rock and roll.


My Rating: 2/5


I borrowed this book from my local library because searching through their catalogue it was the only 'Beatles' related book I had yet to read.

If you don't know who Pattie Boyd is, she was a model/actress but is more widely known for being the first wife of George Harrison whom she left for his best friend Eric Clapton.

I was only really interested in reading the Harrison chapters but decided to read the entire book as I am not the type of person who can read 2 chapters and say they have read the book.

For the most part, I found this book quite boring. It was mainly just her telling us all the famous people she used to hang out with. Had I grown up (or even been alive) during that era it may have interested me but I honestly had never heard of anyone mentioned other than the four Beatles.

Before reading this book I knew absolutely nothing about Eric Clapton and this book does not portray him well at all. It chronicles his massive drug addiction problems (so much that he took to wearing a spoon around on a necklace) and how he would have affairs in the house with Pattie knowingly in the house. The worst thing he did however was joyfully tell her his mistress was pregnant knowing that Pattie struggled with infertility and expect Pattie to be happy for him about it.

Overall, I feel like had I been older this book would have been a fun, nostalgic read but because I'm not I found it boring with so many references flying right over my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment