Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Book Review #437 - Unite Me (Shatter Me #1.5 & 2.5) by Tahereh Mafi

18481271



Destroy Me tells the events between Shatter Me and Unravel Me from Warner’s point of view. Even though Juliette shot him in order to escape, Warner can’t stop thinking about her—and he’ll do anything to get her back. But when the Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment arrives, he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner cannot allow.


Fracture Me is told from Adam’s perspective and bridges the gap between Unravel Me and Ignite Me. As the Omega Point rebels prepare to fight the Sector 45 soldiers, Adam's more focused on the safety of Juliette, Kenji, and his brother. The Reestablishment will do anything to crush the resistance . . . including killing everyone Adam cares about.


My Rating: 3/5


Unite Me comprises two novellas from the Shatter Me series. The first, Destroy Me is told from Warner's perspective and is set between Shatter Me and Unravel Me. 


Warner is a character that I have found very hard to connect with. I still see him the way he was when he was first introduced and that is as evil. 


His story in Destroy Me did little to convince me of his more positive attributes. I felt like he was constantly pining over Juliette and I couldn't work out whether it was because of her gift or because he truly loved her. 


The second novella, Fracture Me is told from Adam's perspective and is set between Unravel Me and Ignite Me. It was my favourite out of the two. 


This novella contained a lot more action and included more characters which I liked. With Warner's story it was mostly his inner thoughts which got annoying after a while. 


Kenji is a character that I seem to be liking more and more as this story progresses and I loved the amount of time James was present as he is one of my favourite characters. 


The ending of the novella sets up Ignite Me perfectly and I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

1 comment:

  1. I really really love Kenji. He's so hilarious and funny and cocky. And I just he was my best friend. :) You haven't read the last book yet! You got to tell me your thoughts on it after! Because OMG. I understand you. Like Team Adam! BUT WAIT TILL YOU READ THE THIRD ONE. :) Great review!

    Cindy @ In This World of Books..

    ReplyDelete