Monday, August 1, 2011

Book Review #51 - Pretties (Uglies #2) By Scott Westerfeld


Tally has finally become Pretty. Now her looks are beyond perfect, her clothes are cool, her boyfriend is totally gorgeous, and she's completely popular. It's everything she's ever wanted. 

But beneath all the fun - the non-stop parties, the high-tech luxury, the total freedom - is the nagging sense that something is very wrong. Something important. Then a message from Tally's Ugly past arrives. Reading it, Tally remembers what's wrong with Pretty life, and the fun stops cold. Now she has to choose between fighting to forget what she knows or fighting for her life.......


My Rating: 3.5/5



I thought that this book was very repetitive. It was pretty much the same as the first one. Other than that I liked everything about it. 

Because it had been ages since I read Uglies, I couldn't remember much about it. But as soon as I started reading Pretties, the story came back to me. It has a great transition between books. 

I didn't like Shay in this book. I thought that she was immature and completely different than how she was portrayed in Uglies. 


I don't understand why Tally always has to have a love interest. It takes away alot from her character development.


The ending was a little too predictable but still enjoyable. I will try and get a copy of Specials, the third book as soon as possible.


To read my review of the first book, Uglies click here

No comments:

Post a Comment