Saturday, August 13, 2011

Book Review #61 - Shadowspell (Faeriewalker #2) By Jenna Black

On top of spending most of her time in a bunkerlike safe house and having her dates hijacked by a formidable Fae bodyguard, Faeriewalker Dana Hathaway is in for some more bad news: the Erlking and his pack of murderous minions known as the Wild Hunt have descended upon Avalon. 

With his homicidal appetite and immortal powers, the Erlking has long been the nightmare of the Fae realm. A fragile treaty with the Faerie Queens, sealed with a mysterious spell, is the one thing that keeps him from hunting unchecked in Avalon. Which means Dana's in trouble, since it's common knowledge that the Faerie Queens want her dead. 

The smouldering, sexy Erlking's got his sights set on Dana, but does he only seek to kill her, or does he have something much darker in mind? 


My Rating: 5/5


I liked this book alot better than Glimmerglass.

Where Glimmerglass introduced all the characters and storylines, Shadowspell evolved them. 


The character that I thought grew the most in this installment was Ethan, although I'm not sure I like him. He came across to me as weak and irrational. Dana annoyed me at times throughout the book, but I thought that she developed alot throughout, especially towards the end of the book. Some of the things that she did made you want to punch her face in.


Something that I didn't understand was Dana's relationship with her father. They had never met before Dana traveled to Avalon, and now her dad has her and her now sober mother locked in a safe-house, and she rarely sees him. 


Also why is Dana always being controlled by the male characters, she is the only positive female character in the series so far as the other females are either crazy or an alcoholic.  


The plot twist in this book was weird and actually quite creepy, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Although I am interested in where the author takes it. 


The next book in the series is called Sirensong.


 

2 comments:

  1. I liked this book more then Glimmerglass also! I can't wait to pick up Sirensong (:

    -Haley @ Ya-Aholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and happy Saturday! I hope you’re having an awesome weekend!

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete