Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Book Review #52 - Book of Shadows (Sweep/Wicca #1) By Cate Tiernan


Something is happening to me that I don't understand. I see things, feel things in a new way. I can do things normal people can't do. Powerful things. Magickal things. It scares me. I never chose to learn witchcraft. But now witchcraft is choosing me. 


Sixteen year old Morgan is not who she thought she was. But in that case, who is she?




My Rating: 3.5/5



My biggest complaint about this book was that it was too short. No wonder this is a huge series (I think there is something like 15 books). The book had only 187 pages and I finished it very quickly. 


The book had no plot. Other than her sensitivity to the wicca stuff which was too obvious, the only conflicts she had was her mother not supporting it and her best friend 'falling in love' with Cal. 


Although, I did enjoy the book. The writing was fresh, and the characters were unique. 

The book leaves you with a cliff-hanger which you pretty much figure out from the beginning of the book. I will definitely be reading the next book in the series called The Coven.

No comments:

Post a Comment