Monday, August 15, 2011

Book Review #62 - Looking for Alaska by John Green

In the dark beside me, she smelled of sweat and sunshine and vanilla, and on that thin-mooned night I could see little more than her silhouette, but even in the dark, I could see her eyes - fierce emeralds. And not just beautiful, but hot too. 


When Miles Halter leaves for boarding school, he goes to seek what dying poet Rabelais called the "Great Perhaps". Much awaits Miles at Culver Creek, including Alaska Young. Clever, funny, self-destructive and dead sexy, Alaska pulls Miles into her labyrinth, catapulting him into an unimaginable future.....


My Rating: 5/5
  
This is the second John Green book I have read. The first was Paper Towns. I thought that the two books were very similar. I liked Looking for Alaska slightly more than Paper Towns. I am looking forward to reading other books by John Green. 


This is a hard book to review without giving away any spoilers. The book is split into two parts - before an event and after the event. The before is just an introduction to the story and the characters and the after is when the story picks up. 
The book doesn't have a plot, but all the amazing characters make up for it. I liked how the ending leaves you with so many unanswered questions, so you can make your own opinion on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment