Thursday, August 2, 2012

Book Review #165 - The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

The Secret Garden

A ten-year-old orphan comes to live in a lonely house on the Yorkshire moors where she discovers an invalid cousin and the mysteries of a locked garden.



My Rating: 5/5



This was my first time reading this book, and I didn't really know much about it before reading. I have a growing amount of unread classics sitting on my bookshelf and so I decided to start with this one.


Overall, I really enjoyed this book, it is definitely the best classic I have read so far.


I didn't really like Mary at all, she was always sulking throughout and even though you could see why she was I just found it annoying.


My favourite character by far was Dickon. He was really likeable, even before he made a proper appearance he was my favourite character. Plus how he tamed animals also helped.


This book has definitely given me the confidence to read more classics, as I usually tend to avoid them.

1 comment: