Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Book Review #173 - Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

Tuesdays with Morrie

Maybe it was a grandparent, a teacher or a colleague. Someone older, patient and wise, who understood you when you were young and impassioned, helped you to see the world as a more profound place, and gave you sound advice to guide your way through it. For Mitch Albom, it was Morrie Schwartz, the college professor who taught him nearly twenty years ago.


Perhaps, like Mitch, you lost track of this mentor as the years passed, the insights faded, and the world seemed colder. Wouldn't you like to see that person again, to ask the bigger questions that still haunt you, and receive wisdom for your busy life the way you once did when you were younger?

Mitch Albom got that second chance, rediscovering Morrie in the last months of the older man's life. Their rekindled relationship turned into one final 'class': lessons in how to live. 'Tuesdays with Morrie' is a magical chronicle of their time together.
 
 
My Rating: 3/5
 
 
I wasn't too sure if I would like this book or not as the only biographical material I read is usually only people I am interested in.
 
 
This book was interesting enough, but I didn't completely love it. Morrie was genuine and he was the aspect that I liked the most about the book.
 
 
Not too much happens throughout the book, and so at times the book flatlines. It is quite short though, so it didn't take me long at all to read it.
 
 
I would still recommend this to anyone, as it does present some great values.



 

1 comment:

  1. I read this book in the year 2008. A neighbor who felt no need for it, passed it down to me. This book is a must-read and I have referred it too whoever has been going through a tough time in life. It helps you decide what you really wants and answers many questions we all tend to have, about life and living in general. Read it, it might not be as exciting and fast paced as your Fifty Shades, but speaks to your soul and touches you deep inside. It makes you cry and smile, sometimes all at the same time.

    I have read it, gifted it and referred it since the time I came to know about it.

    ReplyDelete