Thursday, March 7, 2013

Book Review #288 - Give Me Four Reasons by Lizzie Wilcock

A powerful novel by Lizzie Wilcock, the acclaimed author of Losing It. Quiet, shy Paige has been best friends with Elfi and Rochelle for years. Together with their mate Jed, the gang vows on the last day of school to stay friends forever. But when Paige discovers no one has written in her yearbook, she starts to feel invisible. When Paige gets back to school after the summer, she accidentally falls in with the popular crowd and her world turns upside down. Can Paige find a way to stay true to herself when everything around her is changing? Give Me Four Reasons is a coming-of-age book for girls, leaving behind the comfort of primary school and embarking on the adventure of secondary school!

My Rating: 4/5


I received this book for review from Hardie Grant Egmont. 


This is not the type of book that I expected to like as much as I did. The plot although fast paced and interesting was far from unique and pretty predictable.


What saves this book though is the characters. They all had strong personalities. The protagonist Paige was immature and naive but never in a negative way.


The book had a very Australian feel about it which I loved. The ending seemed a little too perfect but I liked it anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! This post could not be written
    any better! Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate!
    He always kept talking about this. I will forward this page to him.
    Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!


    Also visit my blog ... help
    Also see my web page > computer

    ReplyDelete