Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Book Review #292 - The Vile Village (Series of Unfortunate Events #7) by Lemony Snicket

The Vile Village (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #7)

Dear Reader,


You have undoubtedly picked up this book by mistake, so please put it down. Nobody in their right mind would read this particular book about the lives of Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire on purpose, because each dismal moment of their stay in the village of V.F.D. has been faithfully and dreadfully recorded in these pages. I can think of no single reason why anyone would want to open a book containing such unpleasant matters as migrating crows, an angry mob, a newspaper headline, the arrest of innocent people, the Deluxe Cell, and some very strange hats. It is my solemn and sacred occupation to research each detail of the Baudelaire children's lives and write them all down, but you may prefer to do some other solemn and sacred thing, such as reading another book instead.


With all due respect,


Lemony Snicket
 
 
My Rating: 3.5/5
 
 
I am actually really starting to like this series. The sixth book is still my favourite of the series so far but this was a great addition.
 
 
I feel like the plot is going up another level as it becomes more complicated. Although I felt like even more questions were left unanswered at the end of this book than at the end of the previous one.
 
 
I thought the only character who showed any real signs of development was Sunny as she started walking and talking properly. Although, Violet and Klaus do seem more to be more mature than from the first book.


2 comments:

  1. I remember really liking this one (the middle books were my favorite, from Austere Academy through Hostile Hospital) and I especially loved the VFD abbreviation (although I can't remember what it was) and their work to get out of jail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was another of my favorites of the series. It looks like the series is picking up for you around the same place it picked up for me. He's got a little more plot development from here on. :)

    ReplyDelete