Friday, June 21, 2013

Book Review 334 - Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King

Please Ignore Vera Dietz

Vera’s spent her whole life secretly in love with her best friend, Charlie Kahn. And over the years she’s kept a lot of his secrets. Even after he betrayed her. Even after he ruined everything.
 

So when Charlie dies in dark circumstances, Vera knows a lot more than anyone—the kids at school, his family, even the police. But will she emerge to clear his name? Does she even want to?
 
 
My Rating: 5/5
 
 
This is by far the best book I have read in 2013. It was a surprising read as well as I just chose it on a whim from the Library.
 
 
I really liked how angsty the book was. The sense of loss was evident in every little aspect.
 
 
Vera's relationship with everyone was also interesting, especially Charlie and her father.
 
 
I liked how the point of view differed. It was told primarily from Vera's view but occasionally was told from Vera's father, Charlie and even from inanimate objects.
 
 
Vera's parents backgrounds influence heavily into the plot. Her father doesn't want her to be like them. He probably didn't approach this the right way, however he did have her best interests at heart.
 
 
I really loved all the characters in this book, especially Vera and Charlie. They both lost their innocence very young and life and so were always very mature for their age.
 
 
This book is very quirky and witty which made me love it even more. This will not be the last book I read by this author especially since I've heard that her other book is better than this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment