Monday, June 3, 2013

Book Review - City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare


It's after dark in New York City, and Clary Fray is seeing things. The best-looking guy in the nightclub just stabbed a boy to death - but the victim has vanished into thin air. Her mother has disappeared, and a hideous monster is lurking in her apartment. With her life spiralling into darkness, Clary realizes that she has stumbled into an invisible war between ancient demonic forces and the secretive Shadowhunters - a war which she has a fateful role to play.
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
I don't normally write reviews for books that I have already reviewed here on my blog, however my views on this book drastically changed so I thought I should review it again.
 
 
My first review of this book from 18 January 2011 can be found here.
 
 
I read this book in one day, compared to three weeks when I read it in 2011. This is probably why I liked it considerably more this time around.
 
 
I connected with the characters instantly this time, and the only characters I didn't really like were Alec and Izzy.
 
 
There were some aspects of the book that reminded me of Harry Potter, which wasn't surprising given the author's past.
 
 
I really liked the world that was created, and I haven't liked the world building as much as I did with this book since Harry Potter. I also liked the variety of paranormal creatures as this book seems to involve almost all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment