Monday, January 6, 2014

Book Review #403 - Four to Score (Stephanie Plum #4) by Janet Evanovich

6422


Stephanie Plum, Trenton, New Jersey's favourite pistol-packing, condom-carrying bounty hunter, is back - and on the trail of a revenge-seeking waitress who's skipped bail. With the help of 73-year-old Grandma Mazur, ex-hooker Lula, a transvestite musician named Sally Sweet, and the all-too-hospitable, all-too-sexy Joe Morelli, Stephanie might just catch her woman. Then again, with more mishaps than there are exits on the Jersey Turnpike - including murders, firebombs, and Stephanie's arch-rival bounty hunter chasing after the same fugitive - Stephanie better watch her back big-time if she wants to live to crack this case.
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
The more I read of this series the more I love it. I am glad that I am not even a quarter the way through this series yet as I have so many more left to read.
 
 
Stephanie is one of my favourite female protagonists. She always gets herself into the most awkward and strange situations. The closer she gets to Morelli the more dysfunctional their relationship becomes.
 
 
The mystery aspect was again interesting although I predicted part of it before it was revealed. The inclusion of Joyce was humorous especially with her 'fainting spells'.
 
 
I like the setting of the Burg as it feels like a real community, especially when street names are continually used throughout. It would be helpful though if a map was included.

No comments:

Post a Comment