Friday, January 24, 2014

Book Review #413 - Dead Romantic by C.J. Skuse

16126716



Camille wants to find the perfect boy, with an athlete's body and a poet's brain. But when she's mocked at a college party, she knows there isn't a boy alive who'll ever measure up. Enter Zoe, her brilliant but strange best friend, who takes biology homework to a whole new level. She can create Camille's dream boy, Frankenstein-stylee. But can she make him love her?


My Rating: 3/5


I received this book for review from Chicken House for Scholastic Australia.


Because I had read and loved Rockoholic by the same author I had expected to like this book more than what I actually did.


The biggest problem I had with this book were the characters. Camille, the protagonist was so obsessed with popularity and getting a boyfriend that it made it impossible for me to like her at all.


Zoe was the only character that had any substance at all and even then she was as Camille says throughout the book "a psychopath".


The whole scientific side of their Frankenstein project was interesting and was my favourite part of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment