Monday, January 20, 2014

Book Review #409 - Prince Caspian (The Chronicles of Narnia #4) by C.S. Lewis

121749



A prince fights for his crown. Narnia... where animals talk... where trees walk... here a battle is about to begin. A prince denied his rightful throne gathers an army in a desperate attempt to rid his land of a false king. But in the end, it is a battle of honour between two men alone that will decide the fate of an entire world.


My Rating: 3.5/5


This is my favourite Narnia book so far. I liked the historical element to it as this is set a century after the last one.


The Pevensie children were more present in this book which I liked as they are the real protagonists of this series.


Normally I really don't like talking animals in either books or movies and this is probably the reason why I have been unable to connect with Aslan. The Pevensie's are always in awe of Aslan and I just don't understand their relationship with him at all.


The writing was more free flowing and contained a lot more action. I am finally starting to see why these books are so popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment