Friday, January 17, 2014

Book Review #408 - Twelve (The Last Thirteen #2) by James Phelan

18498291



This is where you die, Sam.





The nightmare is real and Sam must face his destiny. Will the chilling prophecy and the ultimate battle against Solaris come true?





Nothing could have prepared Sam for this terrifying new life as one of the last 13 Dreamers. From New York to Egypt, to Italy - the search for the rest of the last 13 will take Sam across the globe. He cannot do it alone, but who can he really trust? He must find the rest of the last 13.





The race has begun.





13 books. 13 nightmares. 1 destiny.





Are you one of them?


My Rating: 4/5


I received this book for review from Scholastic Australia. It is the sequel to Thirteen.


My thoughts on this book are very similar to Thirteen however I found that the lack of depth and no character development didn't bother me at all in this book.


The action packed sequences especially in Rome were the highlight of the book for me. The writing improved greatly from the first book.


I love how this series lightly touches on history. This allows the story to be set in some fascinating places like the Vatican and the Pantheon in this instalment.

No comments:

Post a Comment