Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Book Review #410 - Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan

8214209



After learning that he is the son of a mortal woman and Poseidon, god of the sea, twelve-year-old Percy is sent to a summer camp for demigods like himself, and joins his new friends on a quest to prevent a war between the gods.


My Rating: 3/5


This is the first full length graphic novel that I have read. I thought that reading a story that I am already familiar with would be the perfect introduction to a new style of reading.


I do see myself reading more graphic novels in the future although I will probably stick with original ones rather than ones based off of some of my favourite books as it is hard not to compare them with each other.


The only positives of the graphic novel over the actual novel were that it was a thousand times quicker to read and that it was good to get a visual of what I was reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment