Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Book Review #406 - The Horse and His Boy (Chronicles of Narnia #5) by C.S. Lewis

84119


On a desperate journey, two runaways meet and join forces. Though they are only looking to escape their harsh and narrow lives, they soon find themselves at the centre of a terrible battle. It is a battle that will decide their fate and the fate of Narnia itself.



My Rating: 3/5


I have been reading these books in chronological order rather than publication order so this is the third Narnia book which I have read.


This book was a lot simpler than the previous two. The Pevensies  are more secondary characters in this book which I actually liked.


I also liked how the book is set entirely in Narnia and its surrounding lands. The setting of Narnia continues to be my favourite aspect of these books.


For the most part, nothing much happens for a large portion of the book. Considering how short this book is it's not hard to see why this book is considered the least liked of the Narnia series.


This series has yet to meet the high expectations I had for it, but I am hoping that when or if I finish the series that I will then have a greater appreciation for it.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't like Narnia, but I always feel bad saying that because it seems like the world does. LOL

    ReplyDelete