Monday, January 30, 2012

Book Review #100 - So Much to Tell You by John Marsden

So Much to Tell You
Scarred, literally, by her past, Marina has withdrawn into silence. Then, at her new boarding school, she is set the task of writing a diary by her English teacher, and finds a way of expressing her thoughts and feelings and of exploring the traumatic events that have caused her distress. Through Marina's diary we gain an insight into life on her dormitory, and her difficult relationship with her father, who injured her in an angry moment. Eventually, Marina makes tentative friendships and, in a moving denouement, is reconciled with her father.


My Rating: 3/5



This is the second time I have read this book. The first time was when I was forced to read it for school, which is where I got my copy from.



This is a very character driven novel. Marina is the only fully developed character but this doesn't matter because she is so strongly portrayed.



The secondary characters were Marina's dormmates, I felt like there wasn't enough to distinguish them from one another.



Overall this is a very short, but memorable read. There is a sequel called Take my Word for It.

No comments:

Post a Comment