Monday, January 30, 2012

Book Review #101 - Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss #1) by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss
Anna can't wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a good job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly ships her off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair, the perfect boy. The only problem? He's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will a year of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits?


My Rating: 5/5



This book being in the Chick-Lit genre meant that I was hesitant to read it. Although, the amount of positive reviews that I had read definitely changed my mind.

This book had a very intriguing plot and being set in Paris added a whole new dimension to the story.

I really liked Stephanie Perkins style of writing and so I am looking forward to reading some of her future books. Lola and the Boy Next Door will probably be the next one.

The characters were all well written, and I liked all the characters from the first page which doesn't happen for me very often.

This is my first review for the books that I have read so far in 2012, I am behind because my computer died on me. I just got a new one two days ago so I will try and catch up with my reviews as soon as possible.

This book being the first one I read in 2012 has raised the standard of books I hope to read this year.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your computer-I remember when mine died in 2010 and how it slowed me down. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete