Monday, January 30, 2012

Book Review #99 - Faking 19 by Alyson Noel

Faking 19
On the surface, 17-year-old Alex has it made; she is beautiful and smart. Plus, she's best friends with M., the absolute most popular girl in school. Feeling bored with their fancy Orange County suburban town, Alex and M. decide to check out L.A.'s glitzy nightlife scene.

Pretending to be 19, Alex and M. meet Trevor and Connor, two rich older guys. At first, Alex can't believe her luck--she gets to hang out at hip Hollywood houseparties and downtown L.A. clubs. These weekend trips into the city become the perfect distraction for Alex, who is secretly struggling with her failing senior year grades, her absentee father, and her clueless mom.

But, after the initial fun wears off for Alex, she is forced to reevaluate her friendship with M., who is hiding some secrets beneath her perfect Burberry-clad exterior...


My Rating: 3/5


I decided to get this book from my library because of the author. I have liked what I have read so far of her Immortal series, and decided to read one of her other books.


I didn't like the protagonist Alex or her friend M to begin with as I saw them as too superficial and shallow but as the book progressed I slowly warmed up to them.


Prior to reading this I didn't think I would like it because it looked like a typical chick-lit type book and I am hesitant to read those, yet after reading I wouldn't say I loved this book but it was way better than I was expecting it to be.


I read this book in December 2011 and I don't really remember too much about it which is never a good sign for a book.


The plot, although predictable and rushed at times had interesting subject matter.It was a very quick read as it is reletively short.








No comments:

Post a Comment