Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Book Review #95 - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon

Fifteen-year-old Christopher has a photographic memory. He understands maths. He understands science. What he can't understand are other human beings. When he finds his neighbour's dog lying dead on the lawn, he decides to track down the killer and write a murder mystery about it. But what other mysteries will he end up uncovering?


My Rating: 4/5



This is a very character driven novel. Luckily for me I liked Christopher from the very first page. 



I found this book to be weird to begin with, then when I got deeper into the book, I couldn't put it down. 


You would think having a protagonist who is autistic would be hard to pull off, but this book is written in such a way that it does work. 


Christopher is a very memorable character, and this is a very unforgettable book.

1 comment:

  1. I've wanted to read this since it first came out but still haven't!

    ReplyDelete