Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Book Review #158 - The Faustian Host (Apocalypse Signs #1) by Dave Becker


Plymouth Rock is bleeding. Day has turned to night. Hundred-pound hailstones level buildings. The small town of Clement seems cursed, and the residents know who's to blame: the new kid, Tony Marino.


After losing his family and his home, 14-year-old Tony is forced to move from Florida to Massachusetts to attend Kalos Academy, an unconventional school for gifted children. Strange things begin to happen the day he arrives, and soon stories of plagues, monsters, and mystical objects surround him. Refusing to believe superstitions, Tony struggles to explain the occurrences logically, until he comes face to face with a satanic cult determined to bring about the end of the world.


 
My Rating: 4/5



I would like to thank the author for kindly sending me a copy for review. Here are the links to the author's Goodreads page and his website.


This was a very unique take on the apocalyptic genre. For one, it didn't have any paranormal creatures at all, which I found refreshing and different to what I usually read.


I liked everything about this book except for the protagonist Tony. He was too arrogant and not very likeable at all.


I really liked the adventure involved in this book, it made the book fast paced and unable to put down.


Whilst there are religious aspect to this book, I didn't find them overwhelming and it did not impact my enjoyment of the book.

1 comment:

  1. wow, I would of never chosen this book to read however your review has made a difference. I think i will like it.
    by the way, I have awarded you the Liebster award.
    stop by my blog and receive yours and the info.
    Congratulations.
    http://sidnereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete