Sunday, July 1, 2012

Best of the Bunch - June 2012




Best of the Bunch is an awesome end-of-month meme created at Lyrical Reviews and now hosted by Sally at Always Lost in Stories. All you have to do is pick your favourite book of all the books you've read that month and post it.



Books that I have read and reviewed this month are:


The Heaven I Found in Hell by Ashley Andrews;
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky;
Scary School by Derek the Ghost;
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling (re-read);
Loners by Lex Thomas;
The Brotherhood of Piaxia by Michael Drakich;
Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky;
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks;
The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross;
Struck by Rhonda Stapleton;
Dads, Geeks and Blue Haired Freaks by Ellie Philips;
Xoc by Matt Dembicki;
The Lure of the Shapinsay by Krista Holle


And the books that I read but haven't yet reviewed are:

Harry a History by Melissa Anelli;
The Faustian Host by Dave Becker


I only have one 5 star rating this month (although I did give 4 stars 6 times). The one book with the 5 star rating is:



Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon, #1)



Galen, a Syrena prince, searches land for a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. It’s while Emma is on vacation at the beach that she meets Galen. Although their connection is immediate and powerful, Galen's not fully convinced that Emma's the one he's been looking for. That is, until a deadly encounter with a shark proves that Emma and her Gift may be the only thing that can save his kingdom. He needs her help--no matter what the risk.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh- I've heard so many great things about this book! It's on my wishlist but I'm having trouble tracking down a copy.
    Thanks for taking part in Best of the Bunch!
    I see you're reading The Immortal Rules- awesome, hope you enjoy it as much as I did! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! That sounds like such a great read for summer. I love any ocean-based books, especially when they contain romance. I'm off to add it to my wishlist :)

    My BOTB post is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete