Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Book Review #164 - Matilda by Roald Dahl

Matilda

For most kids, The Trunchbull is pure terror, but for Matilda, she's a sitting duck.


Who put superglue in Dad's hat? Was it really a ghost that made Mom tear out of the house? Matilda is a genius with idiot parents—and she's having a great time driving them crazy. But at school things are different. At school there's Miss Trunchbull, two hundred menacing pounds of kid-hating headmistress. Get rid of The Trunchbull and Matilda would be a hero. But that would take a superhuman genius, wouldn't it?



My Rating: 5/5


This is the first Roald Dahl book I have read since I was a child. I found this book to be engaging from the very first page.


Matilda is a very likeable character even if her family don't agree. I instantly liked her.


I found Matilda's family really interesting, especially her mother who had some funny quotes.


I would recommend this book for people of any age because I think everyone would be able to find something in this they will enjoy.


I am also looking forward to reading more of Roald Dahl.  

4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to read this book especially after watching the movie when I was young. I should add it to my pile. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i found it so engaging love the book cant wait to read more of hes book i would give 5/5 for rating for matilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really loved this book

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am writing a review for school on this and i need a bit more inspiration. this is a good start though.

    ReplyDelete