Monday, July 9, 2012

It's Monday! What Are you Reading? #7


"It's Monday! What are you reading?" is a fun meme hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey. This is where we share the books we have read last week and our reading plans for this week.

The books that I reviewed last week are:
 
 
 
Harry a History by Melissa Anelli;
 
 
The Faustian Host by Dave Becker
 
 
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
 
 
The book that I am currently reading is:
 



Lord of the Flies
 
 
 
 
 
Originally published in 1954, William Golding's Lord of the Flies is one of the most disturbing and celebrated novels of modern times.

A plane crashes n a desert island. The only survivors area a group of schoolboys. At first they revel in the freedom and celebrate the absence of grown-ups.

Soon though, as the boys' fragile sense of order begins to collapse, their fears start to take on a sinister, primitive significance. Suddenly, the world of cricket, homework and adventure stories seems a long way away. The boys are faced with a more pressing reality - survival - and the appearance of a terrifying beast who haunts their dreams.

2 comments:

  1. I really like Lord of the Flies. I hope you do too.

    Today is my first day trying the "It's Monday and what are you reading?" meme. I think I probably should have linked my GoodReads reviews to my post, because I wrote really sketchy reviews on my blog post here.

    Good job on this! I enjoyed seeing what you are reading.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fantastic reading week - and have another one planned! I so want to read The Immortal Rules - so happy to see you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete