Friday, November 16, 2012

Book Review #226 - James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl

James and the Giant Peach

James's aunts call him names, beat and starve him and make his life a misery. If only his parents hadn't been eaten by an escaped rhinoceros, he wouldn't be in this mess. But one day he meets a man who gives him a bag of magic crocodile tongues and so begins the adventure of his dreams.
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
This is one of the few Roald Dahl books I read as child although I found that I had not remembered any of it.
 
 
 
From the opening chapter, when James's aunts are introduced I thought it sounded very similar to Matilda, although they don't last that long into the story.
 
 
I found this book to be a fun, light and interesting read. There was a very eclectic group of characters, all of whom bonded well together.
 
 
The pictures, and the songs is what would make this book the perfect book to read aloud to a child.

4 comments:

  1. Hello, I am a new follower!

    http://bookaholicness.com

    Would love it if you followed back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Congrats on being a feature. I can't watch ET without crying my eyes out, I'm sure the book would rip me to shreds.

    http://www.christywrites.com/book-log.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Roald Dahl! Congrats on being featured! I'm a new follower via GFC
    www.bibliographyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I read this but I have much more vivid memories of seeing the movie, which I also loved. Great children's book!

    ReplyDelete