Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Book Review #233 - The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries #1) by L.J. Smith

The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)

Elena Gilbert is a pretty, popular teen who was orphaned when her parents were killed in an accident. Despite the tragedy, her life has always been normal and wholesome. Until the beginning of the school year, when two new vampire brothers show up to shake the peaceful universe at Robert E. Lee High.
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
This is the second time I have read this book. I read it for the first time in 2009. I liked it alot more now than I did then.
 
 
This book starts off really slow but does gradually speed up as it goes along. It took me a while, but by the end I was invested in the story.
 
 
I didn't like Elena at first, she came across as selfish and full of herself that I really didn't like her. I think either she lost these characteristics at the story progressed or I was able to look past them as I didn't mind her in the end.
 
 
It is also interesting to note that although this book was first published over 20 years ago, it doesn't seemed to have dated and felt like it could have been written recently.
 
 
I can see that there is definitely going to be a love triangle in the future which at this stage I don't have an opinion on who I prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment