Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Book Review #357 - Unlucky Break by Kate Forster

16321964

It's been a bad year for Andie Powers. But things are looking up now she has a one-way ticket to the glamorous world of Hollywood, movie starts, palm trees and endless summer.


Suddenly Andie has a dream mansion, a new best friend, unlimited credit cards and a brand-new BMW. But she can't shake the feeling that this place is fake. It's only after an encounter with bad-boy movie start James Hawthorn that she discovers something real.

Andie knows a guy like James Hawthorn couldn't possible feel the same way about her. But when everything around her is one big act, it's hard not to get caught up in the story ...
My Rating: 3.5/5
I started reading this book when I travelled interstate about two weeks ago. I got through about 70% of it before I got the flu, and so I read this book over a long period of time which impacted my enjoyment of it.
I definitely liked the first portion of the book that I read. The plot was fresh and exciting and the characters were all interesting and vibrant people. However, when I picked the book up again recently to finish it I found it really hard to get back into the story.
James was the main character I didn't really like, even the first period of the book. I just felt like he was trying too hard to do good by everyone and I don't like people like that. Because of this, I didn't feel any connection between him and Andie.
This book covers a lot of issues from drug addiction to self image which makes it very interesting. I felt like this had a little more depth to it than any of the other Smitten novels I have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment