Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Book Review #362 - The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries #2) by L.J. Smith


6573776


 
Torn between two vampire brothers

Damon: determined to make Elena his, he'd kill his own brother to possess her.


Stefan: desperate for the power to destroy Damon, and protect Elena, he gives in to his thirst for human blood.


Elena: the girl who can have anyone finds herself in the middle of a love triangle . . . one that might turn deadly.
 
 
My Rating: 3/5
 
 
This is a series that I had high expectations for. There is some serious hype about these books because of the TV Show but I just can't seem to get interested in them.
 
 
I found it really hard to connect with or care about any of the characters. They just didn't have much life to them and didn't seem to have grown at all from the first book.
 
 
The major problem I had with this book was the fact that romance was the dominant aspect. I prefer it to be in the background.
 
 
The plot was virtually non-existent. Apart from the mystery surrounding Elena's missing diary virtually nothing really happens.
 
 
I will continue reading this series as I want to watch the TV Show, plus I have all the remaining books on my TBR.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment