Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Book Review #372 - Tamlyn (Silvermay #2) by James Moloney

13249204


When Silvermay first set eyes on Tamlyn Strongbow, she knew there would be no other for her. It didn′t matter that he was one of the Wyrdborn, a race of wizards who care only for themselves.


It is half a year later and Silvermay has followed Tamlyn through dangers no sixteen-year-old should face. Now she must help him defeat the darkness of his own soul, because Tamlyn wants revenge for a great wrong and the evil he has so far controlled may prove too strong.

Meanwhile, Tamlyn′s father, Coyle, is on the rise. He has possession of Silvermay′s other love, the baby Lucien, an innocent child to her, but with the magic inside him to destroy entire worlds. Tamlyn is the key. If Silvermay can save Tamlyn from himself, then together, they might save Lucien from the horror Coyle wants to inflict on him.
My Rating: 4.5/5
This is the second book in a trilogy. The first being Silvermay which was my favourite read of 2011. Obviously because of that, my expectations for this novel were ridiculously high.
I would have to say for the most part, this book did live up to what I had been expecting. It lacked some character development and the plot dragged a bit in the middle portion of the novel.
Given that it had been two years since I read Silvermay, I did re-read it before I read and really liked  the transition between the two novels especially the handling of the cliff hanger.
I am really interested in the third and last book in this series called Lucien as there are so many plot twists that need tying up.

No comments:

Post a Comment