Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Book Review #370 - Carrie by Stephen King



155652


The story of misfit high-school girl, Carrie White, who gradually discovers that she has telekinetic powers. Repressed by a domineering, ultra-religious mother and tormented by her peers at school, her efforts to fit in lead to a dramatic confrontation during the senior prom.

My Rating: 3/5

I vaguely remember reading this book in my early teens. This is the first Stephen King novel I have read. Given that this is also his first published work, I have decided to read his other books in order.

This book was quite different to what I had been expecting. I thought it would have contained more horror, gore and suspense. It also had a stronger paranormal element to it than I had expected.

The main reason why I only gave this book a 3 star rating was because of the amount of points of view. There were just way too many for a book of under 200 pages.

The first half of the book was really fast paced, and then it rapidly slowed down in the second half. The peak of the action was in more towards the middle of the book which was different.

No comments:

Post a Comment