Monday, October 28, 2013

Book Review #368 - Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies #1) by Isaac Marion


7619057



'R' is a zombie. He has no name, no memories and no pulse, but he has dreams. He is a little different from his fellow Dead.


Amongst the ruins of an abandoned city, R meets a girl. Her name is Julie and she is the opposite of everything he knows - warm and bright and very much alive, she is a blast of colour in a dreary grey landscape. For reasons he can't understand, R chooses to save Julie instead of eating her, and a tense yet strangely tender relationship begins.


This has never happened before. It breaks the rules and defies logic, but R is no longer content with life in the grave. He wants to breathe again, he wants to live, and Julie wants to help him. But their grim, rotting world won't be changed without a fight...
 

 
My Rating: 5/5
 

 
Ever since I watched the first three seasons of The Walking Dead in under a week I have been craving a really good zombie book. This book is exactly what I was after.
 

 
What is entirely unique about this book is that it is told from the zombie's perspective. R was an interesting protagonist, he had lots of thoughts, he just wasn't able to communicate efficiently.
 

 
What else is unique about this book is the conclusion. How the zombie infection is not a virus but was more a society issue.
 

 
I read this book in under an hour, it was really fast paced and witty and I just couldn't put it down.
 

 
I know this book is classified as Young Adult, but given that R has no idea how old he is and the content involved, I would probably say this is more general fiction. Adults would like this as well.
 

 
I watched the movie straight after I finished reading and was disappointed in how much they changed the story. My review of the film will be posted soon on my movie review blog.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment