Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Book Review #44 - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Harry Potter #6) by J.K. Rowling

It is the middle of summer, but there is an unseasonal mist pressing against the windowpanes. Harry Potter is waiting nervously in his bedroom at the Dursleys' house in Privet Drive for a visit from Professor Dumbledore himself. One of the last times he saw the Headmaster was in a fierce one-to-one duel with Lord Voldemort, and Harry can't quite believe that Professor Dumbledore will actually appear at the Dursleys' of all places. Why is the Professor coming to visit him now? What is it that cannot wait until Harry returns to Hogwarts in a few weeks' time? Harry's sixth year at Hogwarts has already got off to an unusual start, as the worlds of Muggle and magic start to intertwine.......


My Rating: 5/5
This book has been my favourite one in this series, since I read it for the first time in 2005.


You get a full background of Tom Riddle (Lord Voldemort) which sets the series up for the last book. 

I liked how Harry is made Quidditch captain and so Quidditch is involved more than in the other books. 


Background characters like Ginny and some Slytherin's develop into main characters. I'm not sure if I like Professor Slughorn or not, but I did enjoy reading about his Potions classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment