Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Book Review #49 - Grave Sight (Harper Connelly #1) by Charlaine Harris



Harper Connelly is honest, ethical and loyal - and ever since a bolt of lightning zapped her on the head, she's had an extra-special talent: she can find dead people. It's not a common-or-garden job. Some people find Harper's talent useful and fascinating, but she's getting used to most people treating her like a blood-sucking leech. She's become an expert at getting in, getting paid and getting out, fast. 


When Harper and her stepbrother Tolliver, travel to the Ozarks to find a local teenager, missing, believed dead, they discover that someone is willing to go to great lengths to bury a secret. 

Before long Tolliver's locked away on trumped-up-charges and Harper's fighting for her own life.......




My Rating: 4.5/5




I don't read mystery books that much. I only decided to read this one because I liked the authors Sookie Stackhouse series, plus the story sounded really interesting. Finally, when someone at a book signing recommended it to me I decided to definitely read it. 


I like how similar this book is to the Sookie Stackhouse series. Apart from the vampire aspect of the Stackhouse books they are almost the same. The main character Harper has a mental gift just like Sookie and they are both set out in the country. 


Although Harper took a while to connect to the plot and the interesting twists and turns along the way keep you turning each page. 


I thought that Harper and Tolliver's relationship was weird, and I never really understood it. I never really understood Harper's relationship with Hollis either. 


The writing in this book is amazing, and I can't wait to read the next three books in this series. I am also interested to see how the TV Show comes along.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Terrific!
    Great post! Great review!
    Thanks, Docker!

    ReplyDelete