Sunday, July 24, 2011

Book Review #48 - Tantalize (Tantalize #1) by Cynthia Leitich Smith

Trouble brews when Quincie Morris and her uncle decide to remodel the family restaurant with a vampire theme. One month before the grand reopening the chef is mauled to death in the kitchen and the murder suspect is......a werewolf!

Quincie has to transform Henry, the new chef, into Sanguini's vampire extraordinaire - and fast. But strange things are happening to her boyfriend, Kieren, and a deadly love triangle forms.

My Rating: 3/5


I liked this book from the start. Quincie was a strong and likeable character. I liked the way the book was set out to the design of a menu. 

About five chapters in I correctly predicted half the story. The other half was a surprise though. 

The author focused too heavily on the restaurant and so character development rarely existed.  

I thought that there were gaps in the story, and that made the story confusing at times. The ending just came out of nowhere, with no buildup to it at all which made it even more confusing. 

I liked the premise of the book more than the execution of the book.

1 comment: