Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Book Review #376 - Coraline by Neil Gaiman

 
3589590

When Coraline explores her home, she steps through a door and into a house just like her own... except that it's different. It's a marvellous adventure until Coraline discovers that there's also another mother and another father in the house. They want Coraline to stay with them an be their little girl. They want to keep her forever!


Coraline must use all of her wits and every ounce of courage in order to save herself and return home.
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
This was the perfect book to read around Halloween as it had a certain creepiness about it.
 
 
I loved Coraline. She was a very independent and adventurous young girl and was my favourite thing about this book.
 
 
The house was the creepiest factor of all. It was almost a character itself. The buttons for eyes was an interesting inclusion.
 
 
This is my first Neil Gaiman book. I really enjoyed his writing style and so am looking forward to reading his other books particularly his YA titles.
 
 
I am now looking forward to watching the film adaptation of this book as I have heard nothing but good things about it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment