Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Book Review #389 - The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater

17347389


Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same.

Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life.

Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after...
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
I received this book for review from Scholastic Australia. It is the sequel to The Raven Boys.
 
 
I love all the characters in this series. They all have their flaws which makes them all unique and relatable.
 
 
Ronan played a bigger part in this book than the first one which made him more dimensional. He has a dark secret which was the main plot in this book.
 
 
Blue's main issue in this book is her prophecy of killing her true love with her first kiss. She realises she has different type of feelings for Adam and Gansey.
 
 
Adam was the character I felt developed the most in this book. He is no longer being held back by his abusive father and finds himself fending for himself. He is confused most of the time about what he wants from life and also how he lives with the sacrifice he made.
 
 
I found the Mr Gray a bit confusing. He wasn't that developed as  character and I had expected more from the way his journey ended.
 
 
Whilst I do really enjoy the vividness of the writing, at times I found myself having to re-read paragraphs because the story jumped around at times which got confusing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment