Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Book Review #377- The BFG by Roald Dahl



1974284


 
Luckily for Sophie, the BFG is nothing like his neighbours, whose favourite pastime is guzzling little children.
 
 
My Rating: 3/5
 
 
The more I read of Roald Dahl, the more I wish I had discovered him during my childhood. His books always embark on amazing adventures.
 
 
This book had a more English feel to it than the others of his I have read, and I don't just mean that because it included the Queen it was more of the way the characters spoke.
 
 
As a children's book it does have great morals. It shows that stereotypes aren't always accurate.
 
 
Sophie was actually a quite boring character, the BFG was the character with the most to offer. He had a great personality. I liked how he collected dreams and had his own type of language.

No comments:

Post a Comment