Thursday, November 7, 2013

Book Review #378 - Adorkable by Sarra Manning

10890319
Welcome to the dorkside. It's going to be a bumpy ride...

Jeane Smith's a blogger, a dreamer, a dare-to-dreamer, a jumble sale queen, CEO of her own lifestyle brand and has half a million followers on twitter.

Michael Lee's a star of school, stage and playing field. A golden boy in a Jack Wills hoodie.

They have nothing in common but a pair of cheating exes. So why can't they stop snogging?


My Rating: 4/5
 

 
This book is basically about a girl whose eccentric personality makes her an outcast at school but quite popular on social media and a guy that is idolised at school but could only be described as boring. They come together to make a very dysfunctional relationship.


The social media part was quite smart and modern. The two characters Jeane and Michael couldn't really be any different. She is eccentric and he is very sheltered.


I found Jeane annoying at times simply because she sometimes became overbearing and took things too far. I wanted to like Michael as much as I was supposed to but was unable to for some reason.


The story is told from alternating perspectives between the two. I liked this because it highlighted how different they really were.


This book contained more explicit material than I thought it would considering it is a YA title, so I wouldn't recommend it for younger readers.


Overall I liked how this book presented positive morals in standing up for who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment