Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Book Review #499 - BZRK (BZRK #1) by Michael Grant

13539812

A global war is racing. You can't see it, but it's happening all around you. 


Inside YOU.


Down in the meat. 


Welcome to the nano-microscopic matrix where invisible armies will determine the future of mankind. Here, the ultimate battle is for sanity. Losing is not an option when a world of madness is at stake.


My Rating: 3/5


This is the fourth Michael Grant book that I have read and the third series of his that I have started. 


This is a hard book to review and it was equally as difficult to read. I am not the biggest fan of sci-fi and prefer it to be a sub-genre. 


I found this book extremely confusing. It was slow to develop into the overall concept because it kept slowing itself down with over descriptive details about the life through a nanobot. 


Like with the Gone series this book is told from a third person narrative and follows a handful of different characters. I love this style because of the broad range of diversity and perspective this brings. 


However, with this book because I was already struggling with it I would have preferred to to have had only Noah and Sadie as dual narrators. I found it really hard to connect with any of the characters and I think if it had a stable narrator this would have helped. 


I will definitely be reading the rest of this series, hopefully by the end of the month and I seriously hope that they give me a greater understanding of what this book is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment