Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #25


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Each week features a different topic, and you make a top ten list about it.



This weeks topic is my top ten series I want to start: 


1.  The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare - Given how much I love the The Mortal Instruments I can't believe I haven't started this companion series yet. 


2.  The Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan - I keep hearing nothing but good things about Rick Riordan so as soon as I finish the Percy Jackson and the Olympians I definitely plan on reading this one. 


3. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin - I really want to watch the TV show based on these books but I never watch anything without reading the books first. I just find these books really intimidating. 


4. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini - I met the author of this series a few years ago and that makes me feel really bad that I haven't even started his books yet. 


5.  His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman - The Golden Compass was recommended to me over a decade ago now so I feel like it's long overdue that I start this series. 


6. The Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke - I have this series in my list for no reason other than I am sick of seeing it sitting on my TBR shelf. I have had these books for the longest time and just haven't read them. 


7. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa - I'm not really into faerie books but I have heard a lot of positive things about this series. I have the entire series sitting on my bookshelf ready to be read so that helps. 


8. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr - This is another series that has been on my bookshelf unread for the longest time. 


9. The Cirque du Freak series by Darren Shan - I read the first book in the companion series a few years ago and it was interesting so I have no idea why I haven't started what is regarded as the superior series. 


10. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien - I was forced to watch the movies last year and even though it broke my 'book first' rule, I hope that the movies can help me get into this series as I find it really intimidating.

5 comments:

  1. You haaaave to read The Infernal Devices! I loved the Mortal Instruments and didn't think anything could compare but I was so, so wrong! I ended up loving The Infernal Devices more! It's brilliant!

    Happy reading!
    Kristen @ One Chapter Ahead

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to start the Infernal Devices but had trouble getting into it, and I loved the Mortal Instruments series. Great list!
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a lot of the same books on our lists! I also want to read the Infernal Devices series, the Song of Ice and Fire series, the Inheritance Cycle series, and the Lord of the Rings series. I really enjoyed the Inkheart trilogy. I was not a fan of the first Heroes of Olympus book, but I know other people have really liked them. And I should go back and read the His Dark Materials series because I don't remember much about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've started The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare and so. far it's really good! Your the first on I've seen put The Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke. I've once again started it & love it! The Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan and a few others on your list I really want to read but haven't. Wonderful list!
    Here's mine in case you want to see mine: http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.com/2014/10/top-ten-tuesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! You can never go wrong with Rick Riordan! I feel like the Heroes of Olympus series is actually better than Percy Jackson. It's multiple POV and I feel like he did a good job with representation for diverse characters. As for ASOIAF, it's a huge challenge, but I think it's rewarding to read it. Don't worry by the time you finish book 5, the last book still probably won't be out :)

    ReplyDelete