Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #26







Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Each week features a different topic, and you make a top ten list about it.



This weeks topic is my top ten book and movies to get in the Halloween spirit: 



1. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - I am reading this book right now and even though it is not as scary as I thought it would be it still has a creepy type feel to it.


2.  The Simpsons Halloween Episodes - We don't have Halloween at all in Australia and so growing up the only time I was exposed to it was through watching American TV. The major one I can think of is The Simpsons with their Treehouse of Horror episodes. 


3. Any of the Goosebumps books by R.L. Stine - I grew up reading these and would be perfect to read around Halloween. 


4. Coraline by Neil Gaiman - Both the book and the movie. 


5. ParaNorman - I love animated movies so this one had to be on my list. 


6. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake - a book about a ghost, what more is there to say? 


7. American Horror Story - I never got past the first season but this would be perfect to marathon around Halloween!


8. The Walking Dead - a TV show about zombies which also happens to be one of my favourites at the moment. 


9. Any Stephen King novel - I have only read one of his books but have a lot of them on my TBR. 


10. The Nightmare Before Christmas - I watched this years ago and remember not liking it that much, but considering how popular it is it seems I am in the minority. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm a HUGE fan of The Walking Dead and Stephen King! I wasn't that into Coraline, but I think if I gave the book a try it would probably be a different story. Great list!

    ReplyDelete