Friday, October 24, 2014

Book Review #501 - The Body Finder (The Body Finder #1) by Kimberly Derting

8313727



Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the 16 year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend, she is more disturbed by her 'power' to sense dead bodies - or at least those that have been murdered.


My Rating: 4.5/5


The basic premise of this book reminded me of the adult fiction book I read a few years ago Grave Sight. I liked how this book put its own unique twist on this though.


The first half of the book mainly deals with Violet's apparent unrequited feelings towards her childhood friend Jay.The only part of this that irritated me was the unrealistic nature of just about every girl in their school throwing themselves at him.


I loved this book though. It wasn't overly suspenseful but it did blend the small amounts of suspense with the romance really well.


The secondary characters weren't that memorable. For example, apart from Chelsea I cannot remember any of Violet's other friends' names.


The romance in this book was more believable and realistic than in most other YA books.


I would have liked more character development of the serial killer. I think this could have added some suspense to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment