Friday, October 14, 2016

Book Review #658 - Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades of Grey #2) by E.L. James

11857408



Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.


But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.


My Rating: 3.5/5


This book had so much more depth to it than the first one and the insight into Christian's past made me love this book more than the first. 

I read this book in under 24 hours and as I have been in a massive reading slump for a number of months this was a huge achievement for me. 

I started liking Anastasia a little in this book when especially when she stood up for herself against Christian when he was being completely overprotective and stubbornly unreasonable. 

Like with the first book I found the repetitiveness in the language extremely annoying. In this book it was the constant mention of holding her breath. 

The plot in this book was rather intense at times although the majority of the drama was late in the book. 

With Christian finally starting to open up more I am definitely interested in what book 3 brings. 

I feel like this is one of those books series that whilst you're reading it, you find yourself completely immersed in the story but as soon as you take a step away from it, you start questioning things. 

Overall, this book was much better than book 1 and I am hoping that book 3 will be even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment