Thursday, October 27, 2016

Book Review #667 - Library of Souls (Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children #3) by Ransom Riggs

25914821




The adventures that began with Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and continued with Hollow City comes to a thrilling conclusion with Library of Souls.

As the story opens, sixteen-year-old Jacob discovers a powerful new ability, and soon he’s diving through history to rescue his peculiar companions from a heavily guarded fortress. Accompanying Jacob on his journey are Emma Bloom, a girl with fire at her fingertips, and Addison MacHenry, a dog with a nose for sniffing out lost children.

They’ll travel from modern-day London to the labyrinthine alleys of Devil’s Acre, the most wretched slum in all of Victorian England. It’s a place where the fate of peculiar children everywhere will be decided once and for all. 

Like its predecessors, Library of Souls blends thrilling fantasy with never-before-published vintage photography.



My Rating: 4/5



Given the way Hollow City ended, I can't believe I managed to wait a week before picking up the third and final book in this exhilarating trilogy. 

This book wasn't as action packed as Hollow City nor did it have the tone I loved so much in the first book, but I think that this book is probably my favourite in the series just because of the serious plot developments. 

Addison the talking dog plays a bigger role in this book which I loved because who doesn't want an incredibly brave, talking dog constantly saving the day? (better than a cat anyway). 

I still had issues with the romance in that I still don't feel the connection between Jacob and Emma. I think that maybe this is because Emma used to be Jacob's grandfathers girlfriend and that creeps me out a little. 

I loved the way all the peculiar children worked together in Hollow City and so I was a little disappointed that they were all separated for the large majority of this installment.

The ending was completely unexpected (in a good way) and I think this series could not possibly have ended in a better way. The only question that I have now is what really happened to Fiona?    

No comments:

Post a Comment