Friday, October 21, 2016

Book Review #663 - Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades of Grey #3) by E.L. James

13536860





When unworldly student Anastasia Steele first encountered the driven and dazzling young entrepreneur Christian Grey it sparked a sensual affair that changed both of their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and, ultimately, repelled by Christian’s singular erotic tastes, Ana demands a deeper commitment. Determined to keep her, Christian agrees.

Now, Ana and Christian have it all—love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. But Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian’s opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own identity. And Christian must overcome his compulsion to control as he wrestles with the demons of a tormented past.

Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice, and fate conspire to make Ana’s deepest fears turn to reality.


My Rating: 3/5


I didn't find this book as captivating as the first two, maybe because I read them all back to back and was growing tired of them or simply because it was the last book and I was reluctant to finish the series. 

Christian Grey is such an intriguing, complex character and I loved how much he started opening up throughout the book, especially towards his family. 

There were parts of the plot that I thought were a little over the top but it didn't seem out of place in this series considering what has previously happened. 

The ending tied up all loose ends and gave the characters the ending they deserved. 

Overall, I went into this series with really low expectations and I honestly did not think I would finish the first book let alone the whole trilogy in 3 days. 

Whilst the sex scenes got rather tedious towards the end, it was more so my fascination with Christian and my need to know why he is the way he is that ultimately enabled me to devour this series like I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment